There are numerous video resources in so many formats at this point, and you should convert them to some certain format to be able to play them on some certain device. You have to pick a video converter first. As most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications will often have a lot functions featuring in common, it is difficult to make a decision. Actually, there is never the best option but there is always the best choice one to meet your needs.
Here we list 5 essential highlights of video converter software according to most users’ needs and you also might want a peek when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support virtually all input and popular output video formats – One thing you need to learn is whether or not the video converter supports the input formats that you are currently converting from and also the output formats that you are currently converting to. The supported input formats should contain virtually all video formats as the supported output formats should include most of Mp3 Converter App. As an example, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will most likely be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and in most cases the formats ought to be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, since the high definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To actually and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you need to convert video to correct format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so on. It does not be necessary to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to find the best and directly convert video to your desired target device. Just check out whether the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, apple ipod touch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Because you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files for the part you really need. Many video convert tools support trimming video for the desired clip and many of them even support cropping. Whether you can easily trim is additionally important. Directly setting the beginning some time and end time of the trimmed clip will be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will be handy when you have many video files, especially big files, to transform. It is easy to find out whether or not the video converter supports batch conversion. However, what about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It really is yet another excellent feature about time-saving.
5) Easy to use – A few of the video convert products are of wizard interface and some offer Microsoft Office style. Regardless of the software program is, it should be simple to use and user-friendly. That is to say, the video converter you decide on should allow you to only need to click rather than to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never must know the details.
What’s more – In addition there are many other features that you might consider when you are interested in in a video converter, for instance, in a position to preview, support image output, etc.